Please refer to the model number on the back of the device to identify the correct model.ModelModel Number(s)iPhone 4A1332, A1349iPhone 4siPhone 5A1428, A1429, A1442iPhone 5cA1532, A1507, A1529, A1456, A1516, A1526iPhone 5sA1533, A1457, A1453, A1518, A1528, A15302Select your device modelIdentify your device using the model number on the back.Please refer to the model number on the back of the device to identify the correct model.ModelModel Number(s)iPhone 4A1332, A1349iPhone 4siPhone 5A1428, A1429, A1442iPhone 5cA1532, A1507, A1529, A1456, A1516, A1526iPhone 5sA1533, A1457, A1453, A1518, A1528, A15304Select Color
- Space Grey
Copyright © Brightstar Asia Limited. Brightstar is a registered trademark of Brightstar Corp.
All rights reserved. Service provided by Brightstar Logistics Pte. Ltd.
These Terms will apply to any contract between Brightstar Logistics Pte Ltd, a company registered in Singapore under registration number 205502127E and with registered office at 8 Cross Street #18-01, 048424 Singapore (referred to herein as “us”, “our” and “we”) for the trade in of Devices by you (the “Contract”). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before trading-in any Devices via our Site. Please note that before trading-in a Device by placing an order on our Site you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to trade-in any Devices via our Site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 5. Every time you wish to trade-in Devices, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms were most recently updated on 13/12/2017.
- (a) you are accessing our Site from Singapore;
- (b) you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract;
- (c) you are not a business or acting in the course of a business; and
- (d) you release us of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send the Device to us in breach of this warranty.
4.2 Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected by this Contract. 5. Our right to vary these Terms 5.1 We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated. 5.2 Every time you trade-in Devices via this Site, the Terms in force at the time of your trade-in will apply to the Contract between you and us. 5.3 We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect the following circumstances: (a) changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or (b) a change in our business practice. 5.4 If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel in respect of all of the affected Devices. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return any monies (or other consideration) you have already received. 6. Collection 6.1 We can only arrange for collection of Devices from within Singapore. 7. Valuing your Device 7.1 You warrant that you will accurately describe the condition of your Devices so that we are able to provide an initial quotation before we are in receipt of, and able to, inspect the Device (the “Original Quotation”). The Original Quotation will be valid for a period of 14 days from the date it is issued to you (“Initial Period”). You may extend the validity of the Original Quotation within the Initial Period by a further period of 7 days from the end of the Initial Period (“Quote Validity Period”). 7.2 We accept accessories such as chargers and headsets but these do not increase the value of your Device. 7.3 Upon receipt of your Device, we will carry out an Inspection (as defined in clause 9.1). Any incorrect or inaccurate Device descriptions may result in us re-evaluating our Original Quotation to produce a Revised Quotation (as defined in clause 9.4). 7.4 Subject to clause 7.3, you must ensure that we are in receipt of the Devices within the Initial Period or Quote Validity Period as appropriate. If we are not in receipt of a Device with the Initial Period or Quote Validity Period as appropriate, we reserve the right to provide you with a Revised Quotation (as defined in clause 9.4), subject to the clauses 8 and 9 below. 8. Lost, Blocked, Stolen and Fake Devices and Pre-Pay Box Breaking 8.1 For the purposes of these Terms “Fake” Devices are counterfeit Devices which are manufactured to resemble Devices made by another company in breach of the intellectual property rights of the genuine manufacturer. 8.2 In the case we are notified or suspect that the Device is either lost or stolen, we may request further proof of ownership of the Device. Additional proof of ownership may include, but is not limited to, receipts, tax invoices or carrier receipts. In the event that there is insufficient proof of ownership, the Device may be returned to you, or to the relevant authorities. 8.3 We may work with a number of agencies and service providers to enable us to check the IMEI of all Devices that are sent to us to confirm that they are not stolen. We may do this prior to confirming purchase. However, in the event that we become aware of any issues at any time, we reserve the right to withhold/cancel payment and you agree to co-operate with us and any authorities should we make such a request. 8.4 We will make no payments to customers for Devices received which are either lost, stolen or Fake. 8.5 We reserve the right to inform the relevant authorities if there is any suspicion that there is a deliberate attempt to perpetrate a fraud. We reserve the right to reclaim any money paid to you if it is discovered within three months of the return of that Device that the Device has either been reported as a lost, stolen or the Device is discovered to be a Fake. 9. Inspection and Revised Quotation 9.1 Once your Devices have been received by us, we will inspect the Device to check to see if it complies with the description that you provided to us originally (the “Inspection”). 9.2 The Inspection will focus on, amongst other things, the model and condition of the Device, the country of origin of the Device as well as the total number of Devices received by us. If the model, condition and/or origin are different to your original description, the Original Quotation will be adjusted in accordance with clause 9.4 below. Should our Inspection reveal that you have sent us a different model than the one that we provided an Original Quotation for, we will offer an amount for the different model based on the price displayed on the Site on the day that we are in receipt of the different model (subject to the condition of the Device). We may also adjust the Original Quotation if we decide to offer an amount for one or more but not all of the Devices received by us. 9.3 We will have sole discretion in determining the appropriate condition, the model, the country of origin and price of the Device. 9.4 We will contact you via email or text to confirm the amount we will offer for such Device as adjusted, if necessary, by these Terms (the “Revised Quotation”). You will have 14 days from the date that we have sent the email or text in which to accept the Revised Quotation provided that we cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of emails because of spam email or junk filters. If you: (a) choose to decline the Revised Quotation within the 14 day period which has been provided because the condition of the Device is different to your original description, you may ask us to return the Device to you at no additional cost to you; (b) choose to decline the Revised Quotation within the 14 day period which has been provided because the country of origin of the Device is different to your original description or for any other reason, you may ask us to return the Device to you at your cost. We will provide the applicable cost to you upon request and which must be paid before we return the Device to you; or (c) do not reply within 14 days of us sending the email or text, we will pay you the Revised Quotation. Please allow for up to 10 working days to receive your returned Device. If for any reason we cannot send you back your original Device then we will be obliged to make payment for the Original Quotation (except to the extend such failure to send back the original Device to you has resulted from any act or omission of you). 9.5 Under no circumstances can Devices be returned by us to you after the expiry of the 14 day period detailed in clause 9.4. 9.6 Additional accessories that have been sent in with your Device which have not been requested by us cannot be returned to you. 10. How the Contract is formed between you and us 10.1 Nothing on this Site constitutes an offer by us to sell or purchase any goods or services. 10.2 Sending Devices to us shall constitute an offer by you to sell such Devices to us in return for the Original Quotation (“Your Offer”). However, please note that this does not mean that Your Offer has been accepted. Therefore we may, in our sole discretion, refuse to accept Your Offer for any reason. Our acceptance of your Offer will take place as described in clause 10.3. We may also, in our sole discretion, cancel any trade-in order you place on the Site in which case the Devices relating to the order will not be collected by us. 10.3 No Contract will be formed until either: (a) we accept Your Offer, by paying to you a sum equal to the Original Quotation; or (b) you have accepted our Revised Quotation and we make a payment to you of a sum equal to the Revised Quotation,
- within the time frame set out in and in accordance with this Contract.
11. Pricing and Payments 11.1 We initiate payments to you through bank transfer within 3 working days after receipt subject to your device having passed the Inspection. 11.2 Prices offered on our Site are subject to change at any time without notice. 12. Title and Risk in Devices 12.1 Title in the Device(s) shall pass to us on completion of the payment to you for such Device(s) at which point you disclaim any further right, title or interest in and to the Device or any items contained therein. 12.2 You must own all rights in any Device(s) that you send to us. By placing your trade-in order you declare that you are the true and rightful owner of, and have good title to, the enclosed Device(s) and as such, you confirm that you are legally authorized to sell or dispose of the Device(s) at your own discretion. 12.3 Subject to clause 12.4, risk in the Device(s) shall pass to us once the Device is received by us via the courier service that we use to collect the Device from you. 12.4 Whilst the Devices are in transit from you to us the following shall apply: (a) for each Device that we collect from you, you shall ensure that you sign the collection document provided by the courier service personnel acknowledging the collection of the Device; and (b) our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising in connection with the loss or damage to a Device or Devices whilst in transit, shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the Original Quotation; and
13. Our liability 13.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this Contract. 13.2 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any other liability which cannot be excluded by law. 13.3 Subject to clause 13.1, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. 14. Indemnity 14.1 The trade-in, reuse and recycling service is provided for lawful purposes only, and you agree to indemnify us from and against any claims brought against us arising from performing our obligations under a Contract or for any breach of these Terms by you. 15. Events outside our control 15.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control (as such phrase is defined in clause 15.2). 15.2 An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. 15.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract: (a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and (b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. 15.4 You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return any monies you have already received and we will return any Devices relating to such monies. 16. Communications between us 16.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail. 16.2 You may contact our customer service team at +65 67182439 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order. 16.3 The provisions of this clause 16 shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action. 17. Intellectual property rights 17.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. 17.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site. 17.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. 17.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged. 17.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. 17.6 If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. 18. Other important terms 18.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. 18.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing. 18.3 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. 18.4 Each of the clauses of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect. 18.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you. 18.6 These Terms are governed by the laws of Singapore. This means a Contract for the trade-in of Devices through our Site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by the laws of Singapore. 18.7 We and you both irrevocably agree that the courts of Singapore and courts of appeal from them shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Brightstar may collect the following types of personal data: the customer’s name, email address, mail address, user name and password and any faxes or mail sent to us and the IMEI numbers of any mobile device used in any Transaction with Brightstar, and other information that clients (or you) may provide in their course of communication with Brightstar.
Personal data can sometimes include identification information to comply with relevant second hand trading legislation and your rights or title to sell goods to Brightstar in addition to financial information pertaining to the financial processing of a transaction.
We may also use 'cookies' which will collect information about you such as your IP address and how you have used our website - this is discussed further below (see 1.6 below).
This policy has been drafted having regard to Brightstar's obligations under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 as updated from time to time (the “PDPA”).Contacting Brightstar
Address: 8 Cross Street #18-01, 048424 Singapore
Attention: Brightstar Privacy Officer
Note that terms that are capitalised (the first letter of each word is a capital) are defined in the Glossary at the end of this Policy.
The information collected by us by using a cookie is sometimes called “clickstream”. We use this information to understand how our users navigate our websites (collectively or individually the “Site”), and to determine common traffic patterns, including what website the user came from. We may use this information to make website navigation and product recommendations, and to help redesign our Site in order to make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
We may also use this information to better personalize the content, banner ads, and promotions that you and other users will see on the Site.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies. Certain aspects of the Site may not function properly if you set your browser to reject all cookies.
- 1. The Purposes For Which We Collect, Use And Disclose Your Personal Data
1.3 Brightstar may/will need to disclose your personal data to third parties, whether located within or outside Singapore, for one or more of the above Purposes, as such third parties, would be processing your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. In this regard, you hereby acknowledge, agree and consent that we may/are permitted to disclose your personal data to such third parties (whether located within or outside Singapore) for one or more of the above Purposes and for the said third parties to subsequently collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or of paragraph 1.2, such third parties include: a. our associated or affiliated organisations or related corporations; b. any of our agents, contractors or third party service providers that process or will be processing your personal data on our behalf including but not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres; and c. third parties to whom disclosure by Brightstar is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
1.4 Your consent pursuant to this Policy is additional to and does not supercede any other consents that you had provided to Brightstar with regard to processing of your personal data. 1.5 Brightstar will not use personal data without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date. 1.6 When you come to a Brightstar website, our server attaches a small text file to your hard drive — a cookie. A “cookie” assigns you a unique identifier so that we can recognise you each time you re-enter the website, so we can recall where you’ve previously been on our site, and which keeps track of the pages you view on the website. Cookies help us deliver a better website experience to our users. 1.7 As mentioned above, we also use service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means individuals and organisations outside of Brightstar, such as mail houses, information technology service providers, website hosts and back-up service providers, will sometimes have access to personal data held by Brightstar and may use it on behalf of Brightstar. We ensure that our contracts with our service providers require them to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and to only process your personal data for one or more of the Purposes we have authorised.
- 2. Request to Withdraw Consent
- 3. Data security
- 4. Complaints or questions
- 5. Access and correction
- 6. Client Information
- 7. Transferring information overseas
Brightstar means Brightstar Logistics Pte. Ltd. (Company Registration No. 200502127E).
Direct Marketing means the marketing of products or services through means of communication including written, verbal, physical or electronic means. The services which are marketed may be those of Brightstar or a Related Body Corporate or those of an independent third party organisation.
Disclosure generally means the release of information outside Brightstar, including under a contract to carry out an "outsourced function".
“Personal Data” or “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from (i) that data, or (ii) from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.
Primary Purpose is the dominant or fundamental reason for personal data being collected in a particular transaction.
Reasonable Expectation means a reasonable individual's expectation that their personal data might be Used or Disclosed for a particular purpose.
Related Body Corporate means that where a body corporate is:
1. a holding company of another body corporate; 2. a subsidiary of another body corporate; or 3. a subsidiary of a holding company of another body corporate,
Related Corporation “Related corporation” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 6 of the Companies Act, Chapter 50 of Singapore (and “related corporations” shall be construed accordingly).
Transactions means Brightstar’s buyback and trade-in program for mobile or electronic devices including Apple products, and/or any other transactions that Brightstar may permit on the Site whether now or in the future.
Use means the handling of personal data within Brightstar.
Please call us at +65 67182439 or email us at email@example.com.
We are available Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm to answer any questions you might have.